The 5 Best Ways to Ask Someone to Homecoming
October 9, 2018 • 271 views
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
With the Homecoming Dance only two and a half weeks away, now is the time to start asking your potential date to Homecoming. No idea how? The Revolution has got you covered. Here are 5 ways to ask your date to the Homecoming Dance.
5: Leave a note
While it sounds boring, leaving a note can actually be very exciting depending on what you write and where you leave it. Plus, it’s the best way for it to be private. Put it on their car to surprise them, or you can just hand it to them. You can even make it look like a coupon for a free date!
4: Make a T-Shirt.
I know a T-Shirt sounds extra, but if you think about it, it’s kind of a sweet thing to do. And I can promise you they will probably say yes if you surprise them while wearing a shirt that says “HOMECOMING?” If you don’t want to make the shirt yourself, there’s websites you can use online.
3: The Poster
Tried and true, this method is a go-to classic and is the one everybody uses. The main downside is that it’s not very special, but you can make up for that with originality on the poster.
Good things to put on a poster include:
- Inside Jokes
- The word Hoco
- Maybe tape some candy onto it for a little bit of extra flash
2: Get help from one of their teachers.
I know it sounds creepy, but if you do it the right way, it’s a sweet moment.
The first step is to ask the teacher to help you by drafting your target for Patriot Period. Then design a way for you to ask that works with the class. Some examples are:
- Put a piece of paper that says HoCo? in the textbook, on the page they would need to go to for the assignment.
- If it’s for culinary arts, be in the room when they get there, and have some cupcakes that spell out the word “HoCo?”
- If it’s for a world language class, translate a way to ask them into whatever language the class is for, and put it on a poster.
1: Do something private
This way is simple, yet elegant. There are three steps to follow:
1.Before school go get some flowers or candy
- Go up to them when you see them alone
- Just ask them. It doesn’t have to be a big deal or a major production. Sometimes simple is better, and it gets rid of a lot of pressure to say yes.