Virtual and Loving It

Shamya Reese, Staff Reporter

I will be gladly staying home for the rest of the school year. Not only because of Covid-19 concerns, but because I feel more comfortable in my own space.

With virtual school you can go to the bathroom whenever you want and eat whenever you want. Students, for the most part, can have the whole day to work on assignments instead of rushing to finish them during class.

I am grateful that we are not forced to put our cameras on… it saves me from showing my messy bed and bedroom.

I am grateful that we are not forced to put our cameras on (though sometimes teachers push us to). It saves me from getting up in the morning to work on my stubborn hair. It also saves me from showing my messy bed and bedroom.

I used to eat lunch in the library, but since students are not allowed to eat there anymore, it makes me want to stay home even more. Staying home I feel more at peace than rushing through students to get to my next class.

The school lunch is okay, but homemade food is better.

The best thing about staying home is that your necessities are more accessible. When it’s lunchtime, I can gladly pick the juice from my fridge instead of paying for it. The school lunch is okay, but homemade food is better. I can eat noodles and decent chicken alfredo.  No more walking down to the nurse’s office to get your medicine; it will be just down the hall in your closet.

Doing school at home does have its drawbacks: you are more likely to get distracted with your online devices than being at school. The best way to have success at online school is to turn off any device that will distract you. Put your phone far away from you and turn your notifications off. The t.v should be off too with the remote far away from you also.

I’ve heard that ACPS is going to offer a fully virtual school next year too. If they do, I’ll be one of the first ones to sign up.