• October 1PSATs are Oct. 10

• September 7Nov. 1 is the end of Quarter 1

• September 4Homecoming is Oct. 15-20

The Revolution

Fantasy Football Start or Sit: Week 5

Brian Tewles, Staff Reporter

Week Five can be a make or break time for owners who want to make their league playoffs. As owners of Mitch Trubisky and Patrick Mahomes celebrate their good fortune and Leonard Fournette owners desperately search for a replacement, this guide should help you stay with the pack.

Quarterback:

Start: Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay)

Rodgers has been known to put up crazy numbers at Ford Field, a trend that owners shouldn’t be expecting to be put on hold. Although we may not see another “Miracle in Motown”, look for a solid performance from the game general.

Sit: Russell Wilson (Seattle)

Wilson has been in a bit of a slump numbers-wise compared to his last few seasons. This could be attributed to the departure of many of his consistent targets, including Paul Richardson II (now with Washington) and Jimmy Graham (Green Bay). However, insiders say that it has to do with the end of the dynasty and dissipation of the “Legion of Boom”, Seattle’s feared defense. Nevertheless, Wilson’s numbers have taken a hit this season. Additionally, facing a revamped Rams pass defense shouldn’t help matters.

Watch Out: Kansas City hotshot Patrick Mahomes has a tough test against a Jacksonville defense that’s only allowing 11.1 ppg for QBs so far this year.

Running Back:

Start: TJ Yeldon (Jacksonville)

With last year’s workhorse Leonard Fournette sidelined with a re-injured hamstring, Yeldon should be getting most of the team’s carries. The former Alabama star is also facing a porous Kansas City run defense that is ranked 28th in the league.

Sit: The entire Browns Running Corps

Although Carlos Hyde and Nick Chubb have seven combined touchdowns this year, the Ravens defense that they are facing has only allowed one rushing TD all year and are ranked third overall in run defense.

Sticky Steelers Situation: With the news coming out that Bell will end his holdout during Pittsburgh’s bye in Week 7, those who made a late round steal with James Conner are worrying that their luck is about to run out and others who picked up Bell with their first pick are rejoicing. Because signs point to Bell starting in Week 8 against the Browns, it is advisable for owners of Conner to continue to play him (despite his recent downtick in points) but be checking the waiver wire for spare RBs to pick up.

Wide Receiver:

Start: Jamison Crowder (Washington)

Although he hasn’t been putting up the points that owners have been expecting based on his performance in 2017, Week 5 could be the time for the Duke product to finally start racking up good numbers. This is due to the fact that he’s facing a New Orleans secondary that is weak against speedy slot recievers, a mold that Crowder fits perfectly, making him worth a flex spot.

Sit: Devin Funchess (Carolina)

Based on his productiveness in Weeks 2 and 3, this might be a surprising choice to some. However based off of game projections, Funchess’s production is going to take a hit against the Giants, based primarily off the fact that he will be matched up with lockdown corner Janoris Jenkins. Jenkins held Michael Thomas and DeAndre Hopkins to just 133 yards over the past two weeks, which doesn’t make playing Funchess a recipe for success.