Boys Basketball Game vs Western 2/14

Photo Album

Eavan Driscoll, Social Media Editor

• Junior Carter Wesson gets fouled by Western player Josh Sime while attempting a layup.

• Junior Christian Humes approaches Western player, Sophomore Wes Gobble, as he carries the ball down the court.

• Rowdy Albemarle fans cheer for the Patriots as they steal the ball from Western and sprint down the court.

• Sophomore Amaje Parker leaps up to make a layup, crowded by the Western defense.

• Selah Woodfolk, daughter of assistant JV coach Ryan Woodfolk, leans how to do spirit fingers from Seniors Josie Martin, Jane Bruns, and Josie Macdonald.

• Sophomore Noah Grevious sinks into a defensive stance as he prepares to cut off a Western player driving to the basket.

• Down by two with 30 seconds left in the game, head coach Greg Maynard shouts for more defensive coverage of Western offense.

• Patriot fans watch an attempted 1/2 court shot as the first half comes to an end.

• Junior La’mari Parler shoots a free throw in the last quarter of the game.

• Albemarle fans send good vibes to Patriot players as they attempt a free throw in the last minutes of the game.

• Assistant Varsity coach, Ryan Londree, watches as Western prepares for a free throw in the last quarter.

• Junior Carter Wesson fends off Western players as he drives in for a layup.

• Athletic Director, Deb Tyson, looks on anxiously as Western takes a free throw with 15 seconds left in the game.

• Junior La’mari Parler looks for a layup as the buzzer sounds the end of the third quarter.

• Senior Jason Breen powers through a horde of Western players to get a layup in the last quarter of the game.

• Patriot fans defeated as the game clock runs out with AHS down by three points.