Social Worker Dawn Monroe
- School social worker for all students’ mental health support.
- Around 15 years in education, including time in special education and as a Region Ten employee.
- “I’ve always loved school. I am a lifelong learner, so working in a school was something I was very much attracted to. I started as a teacher in special education and realized that I was falling in love with psychology and mental health, so I switched to that, in regards to mental health support. I always wanted to work with teenagers in particular and stay in the school system, because it’s very unique from community resources. I’ve just loved it and stuck with it.”
- “My favorite day of the week is probably Friday. It’s usually not as busy, and I can meet with more students and talk about upcoming weekend plans, and it has a bit of a more lighthearted feel to it. It’s just not always as crazy as the first part of the week, and I can also focus on self-care for the weekend, so it’s a good balance.”
- “I love peacocks. They’re amazing, beautiful birds, and I decorate a lot of my house with them — I have stuff about peacocks everywhere. I love the color palette and everything.”